- Fort Collins WHF Installation Project
- Whole House Fan Installation Benefits
- Whole House Fan FAQs
- Ascend Construction Whole House Fan Installation
The Ashley household in Fort Collins, CO was looking for a solution to cool their home without using an air conditioning system. They wanted improved comfort during the summer months without the high energy expenses of running air conditioning.
They called Ascend Construction for a consultation. After learning about the Ashley family’s goals and budget, we quickly identified that the installation of a whole house fan in their Fort Collins home would be the best solution. And, we were able to secure a 10% rebate for the Ashleys project through local government efficiency programs.
Problem: The Ashleys wanted a cost-effective solution to cool their home during the summer months without the expense of running air conditioning.
Solution: Ascend Construction installed an AirScape Sierra 3200 whole house fan to provide cost-effective cooling solutions for this Fort Collins, Colorado home.
In this case study, we will discuss how a whole house fan can effectively cool a home in a cost-effective manner while producing a comfortable indoor environment. We’ll also look at our preferred product for these applications, the AirScape Sierra 3200.
Fort Collins WHF Installation Project
The summer months in Fort Collins can be downright unbearable, especially since temperatures can reach the high 80s during the day. Many homes opt to use air conditioning, which proves to be an expensive way to keep cool.
The Ashley residence wanted to feel comfortable in their home, without the need to pay an arm and a leg for it. A whole house fan installation Fort Collins CO will offer them the comfort they deserve in an economical manner.
Whole House Fan Installation Benefits
A whole house fan installation Fort Collins CO can offer many advantages:
- Fast & Effective Performance: A whole house fan can cool a house as soon as you switch it on. It can cool a home by 10 degrees as soon as it is switched on and, after a short time, it can cool a home up to 30 degrees. The attic’s temperature can be reduced up to 50 degrees.
- Reduces The Need For Air Conditioning: Since a whole house fan can cool your home, it reduces the need to depend on the AC unit alone. The air conditioner won’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature. In fact, many homes will notice that they don’t even have to turn on their air conditioner, except for on the hottest days of summer.
- Affordable: A whole house fan is much more affordable than buying an air conditioner. This makes a whole house fan installation a very appealing option for homeowners who wish to experience comfort without breaking their bank account.
- Operating Costs: A whole house fan is far more affordable to operate in comparison to an AC unit.
- Quiet Operation: A whole house fan is so quiet that you won’t even notice that it is there. You may notice a low hum but the noise level is not enough to affect your daily activities.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: A whole house fan will improve your indoor air quality by removing stagnant air, odors, and more. In fact, a whole house fan will provide a home with up to 6 air changes within an hour.
- Eco-Friendly: Since a whole house fan removes the hot air from inside and replaces it with the fresh air from outside, it does not use as much electricity when compared to compressor-based air conditioners. Furthermore, it does not use refrigerants as air conditioners do. This is why our client was able to secure a 10% rebate through local government efficiency programs.
Whole House Fan FAQs
Can You Run A Whole House Fan All Night?
You should only use your whole house fan when the outdoor air is cooler than the indoor air of your home. Make sure to turn off your AC unit when you are using your whole house fan to avoid wasting energy. Otherwise, you will be blowing all of the expensive conditioned air right out of your house! To properly cool your entire house down, we highly recommend turning your whole house fan on all night.
Does A Whole House Fan Cool The House?
A whole house fan cools a home by implementing the principle of Thermal Mass Cooling. A whole house fan pulls cool outside air from open windows and then releases this air through the roof and attic. Since it pulls this cool air throughout the entire house, including the attic, it is a very effective approach to home cooling.
Are Whole House Fans Dangerous?
Whole house fans do not put harmful toxins into the environment. It is an environmentally sound and cost-effective option for cooling your home. However, like any appliance, you need to use a whole house fan safely. When operating your whole house fan, be sure to:
- Make sure you have enough windows open to avoid back-drafting.
- Do not use your AC unit when you are running your whole house fan.
- When the weather turns cold, cover and seal your whole house fan. Whole house fans have louvered openings, leading to heat loss during cold weather.
- Do not use a fireplace while using a whole house fan.
- Be careful when using automatic timers to turn your whole house fan on. An appropriate amount of windows need to be open.
Are Whole House Fans Healthy?
Whole house fans can do a lot more than cool your home! Since it pulls fresh, outdoor air from windows and then exhausts it via the roof and attic, it circulates all of the air in a home. This process removes any indoor air pollutants that might linger otherwise. This improves the air purity and health of your home.
Where Is The Best Place To Install A Whole House Fan?
There are various factors that influence the best location for a whole house fan installation. The layout of your home is one of the biggest considerations. Typically, most whole-house fans are installed in the center of your home, in the ceiling between the attic and living space in an unobstructed hallway.
Ascend Construction Whole House Fan Installation
If you are interested in a whole house fan installation for your home, call Ascend Construction today. We are energy experts that specialize in energy audits, insulation, whole-house fans, and more. Ascend Construction can provide you with practical, affordable solutions to improve the comfort of your home while reducing your energy costs. Give us a call today to schedule a free, in-home consultation.
Tags: -105.084423, 40.5852602, 40.5852602 -105.084423, 80521, 80522, 80523, 80524, 80525, 80526, 80527, 80528, 80533, airscape sierra 3200 whole house fan fort collins co, case studies, fort collins co, whf installation fort collins co, who installs whole house fans fort collins co, whole home fan install fort collins co, whole house fan installation company fort collins co, whole house fan installation fort collins, whole house fan installation near me fort collins co